Graffiti Art Programming Inc. (better known as GAP Inc., Graffiti Gallery and the gallery) is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, at the corner of Higgins Avenue and Gomez Street. Graffiti Art Programming Inc. is a not-for-profit community youth art centre, using art as a tool for community, social, economic and individual growth. It is the only one of its kind in North America for artists of all ages and genres from traditional art, to urban art (including hip hop art, graffiti art, street art), to Aboriginal art, to contemporary art, to performance art.
This site is one of the ways we serve and communicate with the worldwide community of artists, art lovers and artists in the making. Browse and explore to learn about the many community programs we offer youth and their families FREE, as well as the great events we host from live performance art to outstanding art exhibitions. Check out our feature artists’ bios and their art store (currently under construction). Keep in touch with our e-newsletter and calendar; follow us in the media or help support the organization. Questions or ideas for your own art exhibit always welcome!
We are dedicated to:
- the promotion of youth art as its own genre
- providing a place where young artists can take creative risks
- young artists who are working outside institutional expectations
- promoting the early stage developmental benefits of art programming for our young people
- neighborhood beautification and community development through public art
- free art lessons to young people who cannot afford high tuitions and supply costs
- fostering a sense of creative cooperation and self healing