This position includes administrative support and community outreach services. The qualified applicant will be able to multitask offering office support and working with clients to provide assistance with client related issues as well as working with Youth Justice Agencies and referred clientele for community service participation.
Office Manager and Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director. The Office Manager’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being well versed in all details of organization including mandate/mission statement, programs/offerings, etc. in order to accurately and professionally represent the Gallery in the course of performing the required duties and responsibilities including dealings with funders, media, sponsors, donors, etc.
- Responsible for the control of all documents (confidentiality); ensuring all staff and contract staff have contracts, letters of employment and job descriptions.
- Tailoring each for staff members based on the expectations of said staff and to ensure that the contract is signed and understood.
- Coordinating staff development for program directors and ensuring that program directors plan development for their program staff.
To assist in providing structure and stability to the programs, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Assisting in staffing, staff development.
- Sourcing and purchasing of supplies.
- Creating job descriptions, employment contracts and letters of employment.
- Planning and carrying out events and promotional activities.
- Ensuring all workshops are staffed.
- building off site workshop kits.
- Coordinate the development of Policies and Procedures with input from staff and administration.
- To participate in strategic, long term planning for the organization.
- To attend/participate in Board committee work as the Board requires.
- Preparation and planning of AGM.
- Coordinating GAP’s Annual Report for presentation at the AGM.
- Arrange Board meetings and Board packages.
Fundraising and Events Management
- Coordinate all events as planned in conjunction with the ED, the Board, based on written and approved timelines.
- To delegate responsibilities for events to appropriate staff and to ensure that responsibilities are carried out.
- Oversee all event planning, delegating as required to the balance of staff.
- General management of office, including supplies.
- Purchasing programming supplies as needed and distributing them as required.
- Ensure all legal and insurance needs are met and/or revised to meet agency requirements (ie: Corporate Return).
- Oversee benefits plan.
- Participate in weekly senior management meetings.
- Taking minutes of senior management meetings and having them distributed to those in attendance and Board of Directors.
- Oversee financial issues including security of debit cards, POS machine and any payments/grants received.
- Ensure security of program equipment and develop systems for usage/borrowing, etc.
- Maintain agency filing system ad hearing to all current Privacy Legislation.
- Having a thorough understanding of agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure all electronic data is backed up on a separate portable hard drive and stored securely off site.
- Perform reception duties including: greeting visitors, answering telephone and offering information regarding agency programs and activities.
- Booking tours and workshops.
- Oversee agency volunteers as per policies and procedures.
Full-time (35 hours per week @ $16 per hour)
Interested applicants please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com titled “Administrative Assistant Position” by Feb 17, 2017.
Due to a large volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.