Graffiti Art Programming Inc., known as GAP Inc. or The Graffiti Gallery, is a not-for-profit community youth art centre, using art as a tool for community, social, economic and individual growth. It is the only one of its kind in North America for artists of all ages and genres from traditional art, to urban and performance art - including hip hop, art, graffiti art and street art. Graffiti Art Programming Inc. is located in Winnipeg. Manitoba, Canada.
Graffiti Art Programming is dedicated to celebrating the many roles the arts play in the lives of all manitobans and is committed to enhancing the cultural well-being of communities and neighbourhoods.
- The promotion of youth art as its own genre
- Providing a place where young artists can take creative risks
- Young artists who are working outside institutional expectations
- Promoting early stage developmental benefits of art programming for youth
- Neighborhood beautification and community development through public art
- Free art lessons to young people who cannot afford high tuitions and supply costs
- Fostering a sense of creative cooperation and self healing